Users Who Spiked
SUMMER ALBUM RECOMMENDATIONS
Most of my summers have been defined by the music that I listened to during that season. Whenever I hear a song from the Jonas Brother's Believe album, for example, I am immediately taken back to last summer, 2019. It is so mesmerizing to see how music can really transport you to different moments in your life, different places and evoke a myriad of emotions. This summer, which I know has been a bit different due to Miss Rona (Covid-19), can still become a memorable one, with the help of our friends, good food, and most importantly, a list of great album recommendations. These albums (both old and new) can all be found on Spotify, Apple Music or your preferred music platform. Go ahead and make great memories with these summer album recommendations!
1. Lianne La Havas by Lianne La Havas: This album is definitely one of my favorites and it is on the more chill side of things. It is the perfect soundtrack to listen to while sitting out on a balcony, watching the sunset and drinking a beer or two!
2. Fine Forever by Varsity: Varsity's latest album will make you feel incredibly happy while walking down the streets in this summer sun! They have the perfect indie vibes to go along with a nice dip in the pool. Cool off while giving this album a listen!
3. Declaration of Dependence by Kings of Convenience: I recently heard about this amazing band (the lead singer is also the singer of The Whitest Boy Alive). This is definitely a throwback since the album was released almost 11 years ago! It is a very mellow album that will make you want to build a campfire and eat some marshmallows with a group of friends (socially distancing of course).
4. Colores by J Balvin: As a Latina woman, I couldn't make a list of albums without including one of my favorite Reggaeton artists, J Balvin! This is a full-on party album. The riveting beats along with the incredibly produced tracks will have you dancing in no time. Whenever I have to do chores around the house and I really don't feel like doing them, I simply bop this album to make things a bit more fun. Pick your summer color and simply play the track!
5. Heartbreak Weather by Niall Horan: It's been a few summers since I had the incredible opportunity of watching Niall perform live in LA. So, this summer, since we can't go to concerts, I have decided to play his newest album over and over as a way of commemorating that concert. It is really amazing to watch him grow as an artist from his time in One Direction all the way to this album (his second one as a solo artist).
I know things are a bit different in this specific time of history but believe me when I say that music has a way of making moments feel extra special. So, this summer, especially now that we have the time, enjoy playing some albums and listening to new music that maybe you wouldn't normally listen to. I promise it'll make a difference and, in a few years, when you hear some of these songs, they'll take you back to this interesting time of your life. Stay safe!
Please login to post comments on this story