Users Who Spiked
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: THE HASHTAG MOM'S JOURNAL
Hey Writer Moms!!
The global pandemic has taken an incredible toll on all of society. Working moms in the United States face intensified levels of stress and economic hardship, as they struggle to balance primary responsibility for caring for and educating their children while advancing their careers. In truth, every mother is a working mother. Motherhood itself is an honored position that takes skill, labor, and character. Further, you won't be surprised to note that "increased household responsibilities have forced many working mothers -- and especially Black and Latinx mothers — to scale back on their hours or leave the workforce entirely during the pandemic." (Terry Gross, Fresh Air)
We want to make sure that the modern mother has a voice, and that her story is documented during these unprecedented times. This is an opportunity to tell your story, in your words. The Hashtag Mom's Journal is currently accepting submissions of entries 350 words or less. In exchange, you'll receive an illustration of your family from a BIPOC artist. Choose ONE of the following prompts:
- What does #selfcare look like for you?
- How can society better support the #workingmom?
- How is #racialjustice discussed in your family?
- What does #representationmatters mean to your family?
- How is #genderequality practiced in your family?
- What are the joys and struggles of being a #modernmom?
- How does your family practice #sustainableliving?
- How has your #motherhoodjourney shaped you?
Check us out on Instagram @hashtagmomsjournal
Please login to post comments on this story